Vikings: Uprising! 1E

Hey everyone! I had the chance to do another cover for Titan Comics, licensed by the History Channel / MGM. Vikings: Uprising! 1E.
This was a really fun one that I didn't want to pass up. I really like the vikings in general and the primal way of survival. 
This project had a short deadline I had to meet, so I worked through that weekend to make it. I focused on the portrait and mood most of all. The lighting played a big part in that. I wanted Ragnar to have that jaded and hardbitten look. "Uneasy lies the head that wears a crown", as Shakespeare has said. Also I wanted Ragnar to have his sword of kings.

The comic will be available Sept. 14th, or retailers can order from the July edition of Diamond.

Thank you titan-comics and editor Neil Edwards.

Cheers,
Josh Burns
facebook.com/JoshBurnsArt

Comments

Popular Posts