Doctor Who for Titan, the 3rd Doctor

Hey everyone! I'm happy to say that I had the opportunity to paint the Third Doctor Who for Titan Comics issue 1! 
     I have to say I was a bit in awe I was able to be a part of Doctor Who's history. I remember watching it on TV as a kid, and now I find myself painting covers for the comics!
     Of course I really wanted the Doctor's pose to be indicative of Jon Pertwee, the actor who portrayed the character as an eccentric gadget scientist. He liked to strike dramatic glares while using his hands to usher in your returning gaze. I thought it would be fun to use that idea as he reveals his sonic screwdriver.
     I also wanted to have the Police Box flying through time space with the feeling that it is in flux while traveling.


p.s. I have a FaceBook art page now! Please check it out and LIKE it if you like it ^_^
facebook.com/JoshBurnsArt

Cheers, 
Josh

Comments

Popular Posts