Alisha

Alisha, my wifey <3
So as I was looking through pictures of my wife for a portrait of her as Snow White, I came across one of her with reddish hair. I liked it so much I painted it. It had a good color scheme all around and I needed practice painting in color anyway.. ^_^
I have been making a habit of starting off with lines from now on, and then blocking in color underneath those lines. Once that is done I start painting on top as though I just made an underpainting traditionally.
See below.
It seems to work for doing color. Of course as I paint I have to do some adjustments to lip size and such and moving cheeks around and such to get her features just right. The little details are so important ^_^

Thanks for viewing!
Friend me on FaceBook
https://www.facebook.com/joshua.burns.1694
inital line work
blocked in some color

Comments

Popular Posts